my new tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, very clean and non-cluttered(I hate clutter). I would recommend a black backing to finish it off though. Sorry to hear about the stock change.

I am too cause I loved my fish.......but it was my love for them that I couldn't keep all them in that tank.

Just playground sand from home depot.......took a few days running no filter and my vacuum to keep the junk away

If your looking for a pair of fish for sized tank there are alot of options, Cryptoheros is a great genus of new worlds that offers the personality and color but without the size and temperment of the big boys. Some options good options would be honduran red points, nanoletus, cutteri, and sajicas. I have those 4 plus some others in that genus and they are some of my personal favorites of all the fish I keep in my fish room.

Right now I got 2 redhump eartheaters and 2 bolivians........50 lb bag for 5 bucks

I spray painted my back black but Walmart has them and your local lfs store should have them

While I have some free time, I was wondering if my Bolivians and my redhumps were good tank mates? They seem to be getting along great and when or if they spawn, I know the rams get aggressive.

Well......I hate to report that I found one of my rams dead today after work. Had been there for about a few days caught in the plants I have, it seemed to get along with the other ones just fine, I got no answers, but hukit I took your advice, but I didn't go black.

ForumRunner_20120629_181241.jpg

That is my new tank background........I've never had one and I already love it.

Back
Top Bottom