my new tiger oscar is swimming wierd and acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grambo89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey i just baught a new tiger oscar and put him in my 50 gal tank . All the parameters are normal he has plenty of filtration and i had cycled the tank with a fishless cycle. I have no otther fish in the tank and he seems to be swimming upside down , siideways and not interested in eating.
I was wondering if possibly a swim blatter prroblem or if hes sick because the difference in personality between when i baught him and braught him home is night and day.
I had also had a tiger oscar for 3 years prior and had to sell him when i moved and am super excited to have another. Any helpful hints or ideas?

I let him sit ih the bag he was braught home i i the water for now less than an hour and netted him into the new tank

It was almost imediatly and im just thinking hes sick so ill be contacting my friend at the aquarium store to ask about the tank he was previously in.

you might not given him enough time to acclimate and he is just stressed out.i would recommend the drip method for acclimating them. Try adding stress coat to the water.

I will re post in a couple days to let you know how hes doing.

Oscars can be real moody fish, especially when something in their environment has changed. hope its nothing serious though and everything goes well.

+1 to the above post. More than likely your oscar is just in a mood since he's been put into a different tank. Turn the lights out for a few hrs and he should be back to his normal self in a couple days

Back
Top Bottom