My Severums Eggs just Hatched Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are just red gravel. My tank is set up to be half red gravel and half black sand. The fish moved all the gravel over there in a relocation process while the babies were still little wigglers on the bottom of the tank.

The Almighty Q said:
Those are just red gravel. My tank is set up to be half red gravel and half black sand. The fish moved all the gravel over there in a relocation process while the babies were still little wigglers on the bottom of the tank.

That's cute :)

Not the best photo. But this is some in the 10gal

Attachments

• image-816592281.jpg
    image-816592281.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 86
HOLY COW!!! They laid eggs AGAIN!!!

Is this a normal thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Almighty Q said:
It's crazy. Laying eggs twice in under a month

I bet that's okay, because (even tho this is a different fish...) i read that blood parrots could lay eggs around every 2 weeks to a month... So it's probably normal.

That could be. My dad has had them for years and only ever had them mate once so it just seemed odd to me

I didn't explain well. My dad has had severums for years. These particular ones are probably only 2yrs old at most

Oh then i doubt it's uncommon.. Mine laid eggs around a year. I've had them 6 months, but i'm guessing they're a year old cuz i had them as juvies.

Back
Top Bottom