my stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrazil230

Aquarium Advice Activist
In my 55gal mbuna tank I have 1 red zebra about 3", 1 white tail acei about 3", a male and female melanochromis auratus both 3", 2 yellow labs 2", 2 red jewels 2", 1 electric blue johanni 2½", 3 yellow tail acei 2", 3 powder blues 2", 2 zebra obliquidens 2", I'm just wondering if this group will continue to thrive or will I have problems when they all reach maturity

You'll have problems and more than likely big problems. You.have some that are super duper extremely aggressive with ones that are mild and peaceful. You need to look up their profiles and note aggressiveness and try to match them up that way

Last edited:
I'm guessing the yellow tails the white tail and the zebra obliquidens are gonna get bullied, right?

I think they will all get bullied by the Auratus so is re home those for sure. The others may and may not get along the Johanni may get ruff with them.

But I guess that's what happens when you go with the sole advice of your lfs. Lesson learned

Yea they don't really know much about Africans. Most lfs don't carry very many and most of them can't even go together or they get huge. Doing research on your own and ordering Cichlids online are really the best way to go.

Back
Top Bottom