Mystery Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Need a better pic you are going to 50 varying answers. Can't even make out the fins.

Possibly nannacara adoketa/anomala? Hard to tell from the pics, but definitely a cichlid, and definitely a central or South American, leaning towards South American more so.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393374945.421750.jpg this picture is NOT mine, just a google search. The fish in question is probably young and/or female and based on the cloudiness of the water is more than likely a bit stressed

Might be a part acar?

Port acaras lack the eye stripe, body shape is off for an aequidens or andinoacara species. I'm pretty certain it's a nannacara adoketa. About 85% based on the body shape, head shape, eye stripe, and central dot

Ya just recently had a bacteria Bloom and trying to get it under control any ideas besides water changes? Ill try to get a better picture too

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393465111.105346.jpg

Can't really get the fins because they are see through are tips and a yellow near the body of him/she.

Hmm I'm not entirely sure in that one, definitely South American, and looks to be a dwarf species, what was it sold as?

Could it be a juvi salvini ?

Nope, head and body shape are all wrong. I'm gonna stick with my original guess of nannacara adoketa, maybe Severum mama will be able to help, I know she keeps many dwarves and I believe has kept or actually has some adoketa.

Hmm I'm not entirely sure in that one, definitely South American, and looks to be a dwarf species, what was it sold as?

I have no idea what it was sold as it was a stowaway with my angel fish. A friend said it was a cichlid and that was it.

Could it be a juvi salvini ?

I thought that from the first pic but the second pic shows a different head shape.

I agree with SA cichlid of some sort also looks dwarf to me to. I am completely stumped.

I have never seen a juvenile red cieble but the head shape and eye look similiar. Any chance of it being a red cieble?

I have no idea what it was sold as it was a stowaway with my angel fish. A friend said it was a cichlid and that was it.

How in the world do all these people get stowaway fish!? My LFS uses a clear box to catch the fish and then puts them in clear bags. Wish I was that lucky.

This is the only pic I could find of a Juvenile red ciebal

Attachments

• RedCeibals1.jpg
    RedCeibals1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 68
Not a red ceibal, not with that eye stripe. I'd be willing to put a few bucks down on it being a nannacara adoketa, especially if it was in with angels, as adoketa are a "peaceful" dwarf (although mine is homicidal, but is in a small growout tank)

Not a red ceibal, not with that eye stripe. I'd be willing to put a few bucks down on it being a nannacara adoketa, especially if it was in with angels, as adoketa are a "peaceful" dwarf (although mine is homicidal, but is in a small growout tank)

I'm not familiar with that fish but just google imaged it and it looks close you maybe right.

I'm not familiar with that fish but just google imaged it and it looks close you maybe right.

I think this is it looking at the pictures on google.:thanks:

That fish was actual one of 2 stowaways I have a very angry/aggressive one too. Hes a he is rainbow color I will pic of him up latter. He hurt some of my angel fish.:(

Back
Top Bottom