N. Brichardi with 'Blue Lobster'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarlFlegg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I have a 180 litre aquarium, at the moment I have one aulonocara, species unknown most likely hybrid if not Stuartgranti (picture of him if anyone can help ID) one Cynotilapia Afra, one synodontis eureputa, and 3 N.Brichardi. Once the brichardi spawn (if I have a male and female pair off) I will probably re-home the rest so they don't feel the wrath of the 'death squad'. However with them being mostly white, except for the black and yellow eye mark, and the iridescent blue patter on the face (think I got lucky and got good stock there). I want, not so much a centrepiece fish wise, but something more colourful, I was thinking about getting a blue crayfrish.

I understand the complications with crayfish eating fish, and aggressive fish eating, or killing moulting inverts, but I was wondering if anyone had kept a brichardi species tank with a blue crayfish in there?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any advice you have to offer.

Carl.

Ok I can't get a picture of Cecil he is being camera shy at the moment... But here is a pic of my setup at the moment, I will update when he stops being such a diva hahaImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438276299.643493.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438276885.138759.jpg

Best I could get at the moment, basically he has a deep iridescent blue colour to the face and throughout the body, most of the body is overlayed by a reddy/orange colour, which would point to German red/reubescens... But every picture I have seen of these have a blue or white flash to their fins, where as Cecil's is undoubtedly yellow. He was sold to me as a baby, as a Jacob Eureka red, which I am sure he is not. He has a 'marble' pattern in his fins, the same brilliant blue as his face, which points to Stuartgranti. Anyone shed any light? I don't mind if he is hybrid but, when the time comes, I don't want to sell him as something he isn't.

Thanks,
Carl.

Back
Top Bottom