Name that Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was in the LFS a few weeks ago and saw what IMO is the best looking strain of Angel fish i have ever seen... it was striped on silver and brown-ish body the stripes were more brown then black as well

did NOT look like this...
img_739536_0_b00b9d6f2e5cca2aa568538e52b5571c.jpg

there was definitely more brown... i think they called it a "tiger" angel...

well i have a couple of LFS and i can not remember which one i saw it at...
i was talking to the owner of one of the LFS and she had no idea what i was talking about...but she would definitely order them for me if i can figure out what they were...(other lfs is not as accommodating)

so anyone know what kind of angel i may have seen... i can not find any information on a "tiger" angel... :?

i think you confused...

the pic i posted is of the angel i HAVE... not the one i am looking for... the one i am looking for is similar to the silver "wild type" i have, but has brown and more stripes..lol

you are right that the blood red eyes of my angel are kind of unique..at least i have not seen other angesl with red eyes :roll:

Jchillin said:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwangelfish&1165200010

?

more brown (but not marble) definite stripes though...

i will have to go to the other LFS and ask around..they do get a fair amount of locally Breed fish is (GBR, Discus...) perhaps this a a new locally created strain :?

Maybe our angels are long lost brothers... lol. I have never seen an angel with brown, sounds pretty though.

Attachments

• angels_41__medium__165.jpg
    angels_41__medium__165.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 28
justrelax said:
Maybe our angels are long lost brothers... lol. I have never seen an angel with brown, sounds pretty though.
too dark..maybe brown is not the correct term..think more copper-ish

I have never seen an angel with brown, sounds pretty though.

They are pretty! The LFS I used to frequent before I moved had "chocolate" angels kind of frequently. I think they were locally bred, and I haven't seen any since then. They looked a lot different than the usual varieties. Come to think of it, they had some "chocolate marble" angels once and I bought a couple. Maybe it would be possible to breed for chocolate colors and stripes?

Yeah, I had a couple chocolate marbles, and 4 regular marbles. They only lasted a few months even though perams were always perfect. Never figured that one out, just one of those things I guess!

Back
Top Bottom