Name that cichlid!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought these guys from my LFS - the pink guys were sold as dragon blood peacocks and have a blue sheen to them that doesn't show up in the photos. They are also bullies!
The other guys were in the assorted peacocks tank and I'm having trouble identifying them. These are the best pics I can get at the moment but any help you can give would be appreciated:)

The orange is the 1st is the female and the one behind the plant is the male

Attachments

• image-4176048525.jpg
    image-4176048525.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image-2313407258.jpg
    image-2313407258.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 160
Dragonblood peacock - Bing Images=
The pink ones are dragon bloods.

The other one looks too big to be male with so very little colour. Maybe he was subdominant in the tank. If you were to press me for an answer, I'd say perhaps a Red Rubin or Red Shoulder peacock. But wait and see it he is a he and gives a better ID

mattrox said:
Dragonblood peacock - Bing Images=
The pink ones are dragon bloods.

The other one looks too big to be male with so very little colour. Maybe he was subdominant in the tank. If you were to press me for an answer, I'd say perhaps a Red Rubin or Red Shoulder peacock. But wait and see it he is a he and gives a better ID

Thanks! Are dragon bloods known to be aggressive? The other guy is growing quickly and has a lot of orange on his shoulder and blue around the mouth but seems pretty peaceful. Thanks again for the input :)

Also any ideas on the black streaks on him? Ammonia 0, Nitites 0, Nitrates 40, PH 8.0 and all have been stable. I do 25% PWC weekly.

Lady_Alia said:
What's kind of fish is in your avatar?

I honestly don't know - found it on the net searching for purple African cichlids :)

It is my dream fish although it's more than likely an enhanced image. If anyone knows though I'd love to hear.

Back
Top Bottom