Name these cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoops.

Attachments

• image-2700249774.jpg
    image-2700249774.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 144
The striped ones are called aurautus cichlids, females I think. They will get maybe 4 inches long. I think they stay the smallest.

The blue and some of the yellows with stripes down the sides are called Kenyi cichlids.

Some of these might be mixed peacock cichlids. I am not sure. But all are from lake Malawi above.

Are you looking at getting some? I have a Malawi tank and can give some great advice. I only tell what I know for sure. Dont trust fish store reps because I have found that not only do sales help their job but they are very liberal I what they will try and very agreeable.

I have a cichlid tank now. Those were at Walmart and I basically refuse to buy fish there. Lol. They look pretty healthy, so I might go get a couple and keep them in isolation until I know for a fact that they're healthy. I LOVE my Cichlids!! I posted a few pictures of them.

Attachments

• image-2695794915.jpg
    image-2695794915.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2112660902.jpg
    image-2112660902.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3502448430.jpg
    image-3502448430.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 95
Some other fun pictures of my Cichlids. :)

Attachments

• image-2389360172.jpg
    image-2389360172.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-4210214466.jpg
    image-4210214466.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1921980499.jpg
    image-1921980499.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3823918691.jpg
    image-3823918691.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 77
Do you live in a rural area? I haven't seen any fish tanks in walmarts for years. I have heard some still deal in it. I amour their shocked they have African cichlids. I figured they would deal only with community. I imagine that they would be fine regardless... Africans are pretty hardy. If you can somehow check the ph balance in the tank, like take your test tube and high ph stuff and see what kind of water they are living in.

Do you live in a rural area? I haven't seen any fish tanks in walmarts for years. I have heard some still deal in it. I amour their shocked they have African cichlids. I figured they would deal only with community. I imagine that they would be fine regardless... Africans are pretty hardy. If you can somehow check the ph balance in the tank, like take your test tube and high ph stuff and see what kind of water they are living in.

LOL. Walmarts here in Wyoming carry fish. The one here actually just got a new manager for the pet department and has really cleaned up their act. The fish look better than the Petco here. :) Not that they usually have anything that interests me, but every now and then they get some sports or get adventurous with their ordering...

WYite.

Lol my local walmart has fish also. They've got these dragon loach/eel lookin things in with pictus cats and green spotted puffers in with gourammis. What a nightmare if u ask me. Needless to say, the gourammis are always tore up

thos light blue ones in the first pic look like my light blue peacock

I live in Texas. We don't have any Walmarts that don't carry fish. They usually have really well priced supplies, but unhealthy fish. I wish they would clean up their act around here! They usually have some pretty interesting stuff! I think the cichlids in my original post would add a lot of color to my tank.

im from oz we dont have walmart in australia and i thought the where a super market like coles

Walmart has everything. I was in one in oklahoma a couple days ago and they had a whole section of livestock supplies. It really surprised me! Enough that I took a picture. Lol.

Attachments

• image-3969947860.jpg
    image-3969947860.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom