Need answer asap ! Snakehead question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im at the pet store and i want to buy a channa obscura (snakehead) can they be with green terror , convict, firemouth,jack denpsey ?

1.) they're highly predatory and aggressive

2.) hopefully you're outside the US cause those are highly illegal here

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for a quick response , so it would not be a good idea to get him ? , nope im in the eu

I would not put a snakehead of any species in with other fish. Quick way to end up with dead fish

when I was young I had Oscars and Jack Dempsey's , Than I added a baby snake head everything got along , till about 5 years later after the snake head grew , he killed off my 2 Oscars and my 2 Dempsey's ,
after that this mean looking snake head grew to a amazing 3ft , what kid would have thought my mom had to call fish and wildlife to remove it , it was donated to the local aquarium , it took 4 guys to remove this beast , back than they weren't illegal yet if that tells you how old I am ,
I was terrified of this fish after he killed all my fish he had a major growing spurt ,
and the teeth were huge,
just beware they get big and mean

when I was young I had Oscars and Jack Dempsey's , Than I added a baby snake head everything got along , till about 5 years later after the snake head grew , he killed off my 2 Oscars and my 2 Dempsey's ,
after that this mean looking snake head grew to a amazing 3ft , what kid would have thought my mom had to call fish and wildlife to remove it , it was donated to the local aquarium , it took 4 guys to remove this beast , back than they weren't illegal yet if that tells you how old I am ,
I was terrified of this fish after he killed all my fish he had a major growing spurt ,
and the teeth were huge,
just beware they get big and mean

The northerns are beastly!

Not all get huge, dwarves aren't too bad, and are a species I would love to work with someday if they're ever made legal

Back
Top Bottom