Need help(aggression issues)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a convict tank(6) and a pair of FM along with 1 BN pleco. The tank lately has shown a lot of aggression. Temp is a steady 76, tank is a 55 bow front. Feed every other day. Water conditions are fine. However this is my 5th week in on my fish in tank cycle. I read up on the issue and researched what I could online. I've got a lot of people saying add more fish, that it will cut down on the aggression. Nobody is getting hurt just a lot of "get outta my way" am chasing all around the tank. I even have one light convict that sits at the top of the tank from time to time until my big guy Zeus comes and chases it around the tank for about 30 seconds looks like he's trying to make a point.

Anyway from online and taking to others. I'm getting the "add more fish"

Your thoughts?

this is my 5th week in on my fish in tank cycle.

I would not add any more fish to an uncycled tank. You must be closed to cycled, being 5 weeks now. What are your readings?

Fish will behave differently when they are in an uncycled tank. You may just be experiencing that instead of a long term issue.

Can you please humor me and just post your readings here? Unless you want to make this discussion part of that other one. :D

LyndaB said:
Can you please humor me and just post your readings here? Unless you want to make this discussion part of that other one. :D

LoL ok as of last night and this morning.

pH7.0-6.8 really close in color

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

Temp- stable at 76

Feeding- every other day (small pellets)

Water- crystal clear

Took this just now

View attachment 60211

Using iPhone app not sure why there's no pic and app keeps crashing.

I was having problems with the ipad app too. didnt ever work right. i just got ride of it.

Back
Top Bottom