Need help fast water quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So that instead of removing them everyday with a water change, your beneficial bacteria can still utilize them and recolonize. But still do weekly water change, unless it gets too bad, then do it twice a week to control while recycling.

Sent from my Z970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok amazing do u no where u can buy this in the uk and tk u SOOO much for u in put xx

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just ordered it x

This is my test today
Wot u guys thinks xx

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424020700.330519.jpg

Don't know if this is relevant since you're in the UK, but did you're friend do PWC and not use a dechlorinator? Here in US, that would cause a cycle crash like you're seeing. There's a lot of people who say the bacteria in a bottle methods don't work but I have personally cycled a few tanks with a pair of Nite-out products. Seachem also makes one I've heard good things about from people I know URL.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I ask him and he cleaned the fillers with tap water and this pic of the water test is today is it looking better x

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424023043.046746.jpg

Looking a lot better, but make sure never clean anything with tap water only with the tank water being changed. Cause the tap water has chlorine and chloramines, even if undetectable by tests. This killed your beneficial bacteria kn filter, so you had to basically do a mini recycle on your tank. Looks like it is good now, and thankfully no loses but you should be okay now.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I no I told him that he should not of cleaned them in tap water but he thought he was doing a good thing bless him but he nos now I showed him

I always only clean In tank water I got some of the prime stuff and put in and looks good I will do one more water change 2moz 30% so looks like it's getting better every day thanking u day x

Looking a lot better, but make sure never clean anything with tap water only with the tank water being changed. Cause the tap water has chlorine and chloramines, even if undetectable by tests. This killed your beneficial bacteria kn filter, so you had to basically do a mini recycle on your tank. Looks like it is good now, and thankfully no loses but you should be okay now.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wash my filter media in tap water literally all the time....have never had an issue.

Back
Top Bottom