need help with a fish that was in a fight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris86

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a demasoni that tail got nipped sometime and want to get it back healthy because it is getting picked on by the others.

The tank is 55 with rocks and fake plants I have
5 yellow labs what apear to be 1male 4 females
5auratus 1 male 4 females
11 demasoni

The 5 labs were add one day the 4 auratus the next day then 1 more auratus and 3demasoni a week later. I noticed one demasoni was being picked on so I rearrange the rocks so they would loss there hiding spots.That worked he stopped hiding but a different one started getting picked on. About 2 weeks went by and while i was at work there must been a fight cause the second one to hide died I got him out that day and called my lfs and ordered 9 more in. Well they came in today. So i left the light off and went and got them got them added and left the light off. Well wanted to check on them been about 3.5 hrs.

They all seem to doing fine besides the in the first 3 i got that was getting picked on his tail got nipped and now he hides and hang out at the bottom. I don't want him to die.

So my question is should I keep him in the tank and keep an eye on him or I have a 10 gallon with 7 long tailed danio's in it. The water is the same besides gravel not sand bottom and ph is mid 7's not 8.2 like the african's home tank. Would that work to move a bet up african too.

Just leave the fish in the main tank and keep the water parameters pristine and it will heal up.

Back
Top Bottom