Need id quick please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
Standing in pet store looking at these guys

Any info would be most appreciated

Attachments

• image-3406423322.jpg
    image-3406423322.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 99
Standing in pet store looking at these guys

Any info would be most appreciated

Placidochromis Milomo. I know it's too late! They look nice when theyre smaller from what I've seen. All the big ones are ugly IMO. Their lips ballon up

Oh.. Not sure I want big lips in the tank. Lol! That sounds so bad. They really are quite pretty right now though. Thank you for letting me know :)

Another one please

:)

Attachments

• image-1890972551.jpg
    image-1890972551.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 58
Thank you! About to start my research on these one for the possibility of going in my discus tank. I was told they are in the dwarf species but never want to just take the word of a sales person. ;-)

Thank you! About to start my research on these one for the possibility of going in my discus tank. I was told they are in the dwarf species but never want to just take the word of a sales person. ;-)

They are, but I wouldn't put them in with discus, these are hard water fish and can be a bit feisty at times

Oh good to know! Probably not a good mix for my African tank either though. I may have to pass on these beauties.

Oh good to know! Probably not a good mix for my African tank either though. I may have to pass on these beauties.

Yeah, Mbuna would be too rough, these are best suited for a species only tank, or a tanganyikan community tank

Yes that's what I was just reading, I don't want to mix the lakes. Different water quality and behaviours. Even though they're all from Africa not a good idea. Maybe if my bumble bee stops filling my other tank up with babies I'll set it up for these ones. Lol!
I'm trying to figure out my options for my discus tank. I recently lost a crap load of fish and while I'm waiting to make sure the cause is cleared up I thought I'd start my research into what I could replenish my stock with. I had numerous schools of smaller fish in there before and it is still an option however I'd like to see what my other options could be before I make any final decisions. Any recommendations?

Most of the South American dwarves do quite well with discus

Cleithracara maronii (keyhole)
Apistogramma
Ivannacara
Nannacara
Dicrossus (checkerboard)
Creniccihla regani or compressiceps (dwarf pikes)
Laetacara (smiling acaras)
Biotodema cupido (Cupid)
Guianacara (although these can be a bit pushy)
Mikrogeophgus altispinosa or ramirezi (rams)

Pelvicachromis pulcher or taeniatus would work as well (west African)

Thank you! I've looked into a couple of those already but you have given me some that I haven't even heard of before. Yay! That will keep me busy for a bit checking them out. Lol I'm also looking into this site to see if there are any that might be suitable on the "red list".
http://www.iucnredlist.org/

Back
Top Bottom