Need opinions on my aqua scape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
So jw idk if i like it or not guys its a 55 gallon mbuna setup and I'm trying to mimic there natural environment i know sand stone would be better but its hard to find where I live but I need some ideas pics would help and thanks in advance ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391872148.508726.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391872158.239166.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391872164.890213.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391872172.407078.jpg

Love the color in the rocks & I think it looks good.
Maybe try taking the large grey? Rock on the left & putting it behind the middle rocks with something under it so it sticks up?

I LOVE it that you're trying to mimic their habitat, I mean what animal wouldn't love that right? I think you're on the right track, but it'll be quite a hassle to clean. Maybe keep only the dark colored rocks and work with that, plus it'll really sync better when there's only 1 colored stone. You got some great rocks with good shape, maybe have a few standing to add height to the tank with a few surrounding them. Definitely got some great stuff to work with though, so have fun with it :D Forgot to mention, with so many colored rocks, it is somewhat distracting at first glance. You want your viewer to look at the fish first since you did spend a lot of $ and care for them, then wow them with the great aquascape afterwards ^_^

Eric it's just a led strip i acquired from a buddy and bout the rocks if i use just the dark color rocks i won't have enough to create hiding spots for my smaller fish to run to like my two pictus cats so you think there's a way i can do so and still keep the brown maybe hide more the brown and bring out the dark and thanks a lot on liking what in going for lol

I like the rock! Leave it! Maybe add another led strip that's not too bright that has some blue in it to make the non yellow fish pop more. I love the .5 watt expandable led from aquatic life that's 50/50 blue and 10k white. Here's a link. The refurbished are less than half on store sites and the companies customer service is awesome!
http://www.aquaticlife.com/products/1069#1

All up to personal preference, just google Malawi Tank Yorkstone or something like that and check out some aqua-scapes. If you like what you're rockin with, then just go with it. Personally I like the natural looking 1 colored stones with some lush green algae on them, gives it a good look and also a good snack for your fish, but like I said you got great stuff to work with so have fun figuring out what suits you best :D

All up to personal preference, just google Malawi Tank Yorkstone or something like that and check out some aqua-scapes. If you like what you're rockin with, then just go with it. Personally I like the natural looking 1 colored stones with some lush green algae on them, gives it a good look and also a good snack for your fish, but like I said you got great stuff to work with so have fun figuring out what suits you best :D

I'm gonna for myself! Thanks! I have rive rock and I know not natural but its doing the job for now!

I'm gonna for myself! Thanks! I have rive rock and I know not natural but its doing the job for now!

Depending on the size of those river rocks, they're still a great alternative (y)

Vintage picture of a Saulosi tank with various sized river rocks, though I wouldn't suggest letting those big boulders sit on top of sand, once they start digging... well... yeah. lol
2hoj.jpg

Depending on the size of those river rocks, they're still a great alternative (y)

Vintage picture of a Saulosi tank with various sized river rocks, though I wouldn't suggest letting those big boulders sit on top of sand, once they start digging... well... yeah. lol
2hoj.jpg

Very nice! Here's my current setup - no algae yet its only been a few weeks. Have some yellow labs, acei, Polit, hongi, and lab chisumulae groups w some random others
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391930643.891386.jpg

Back
Top Bottom