Need some help with a polleni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brizo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone give me some suggestions on tank mates with a polleni. And I've had him for about 3 days and I don't think he's eaten. Tank is a 55 long with a delhezi bichir ad a fire eel

You are pretty well stocked as both the bichir amd eel with outgrow that tank. As far as the cichlid goes, don't they reach upwards of a foot long full grown? Yeah I'd say you already stocked.

Him not eating? What are you feeding? The params of the tank?

. As far as the cichlid goes, don't they reach upwards of a foot long full grown? Yeah I'd say you already stocked.

They will generally reach around 10" but I still agree that tank will be insufficient in the future, I'd look into a upgrade with something around 90g.

I'm not sure what you mean by para of the tank but its 48 inches across 12.5 inches wide and 20.5 inches tall. Got my water tested yesterday nitrates and nitrites were both good ammonia was a tad high. I've got a fine sand with a piece of driftwood and a few pieces of limestone. Penguin 350 overhead with bio wheel an an aqueon pro 200 heater

Parameters. Is what I meant.

So the higher ammo could be a reason for it not eating.

Also you are going to need much larger filtration once the fish get some size to them. They all have large bio loads. Once they start getting some size to them that 350 will not be able to keep up with them.

Ya the lady at the LFS suggested I do a 10 gallon water change a week switching from one side to the other. And what should I get than another 350?

How long do you think I have before ill need a 2nd overhead. Any other equipment suggestions? I'd like too get just one more fish and recommendations on that?

You have as much time as it takes before your water starts fouling up to often that the filter can't keep the ammo under .25ppm.

As I said I think you are already stocked. The bichir gets to 14" and the fire eel can get massive. I understand they are small now... But you gotta think of the long term.

True true. My gf tho keeps harassing me about finding her a pink fish. Disappointing that the 3 is enough because I always try and get her a fish too keep her interest in the aquarium and allow me too purchase things for it haha

Yea if I left it too her we'd have 17 different fish that ate 5 times a day and crap load of plastic castles and other dumb ****

Back
Top Bottom