Need some quick advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrfestae

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone.

Currently I have a 7 inch female festae. She lives alone. She is a great fish and definitely has a territorial type behavior.

Here is my question.

I found a amph Amarillo free. It's around 6 inch and looks to be in good shape. Just about a year old. I always wanted one of these fish and they are hard to come by. I don't have the means of setting up his own tank but my festae tank is definitely big enough for them. I just don't know how she will react.

Do you think there is any chance my festae could tolerate living with this other cichlid? Or am I just dreaming?

Thanks for the honesty

If your tank is big enough you can try putting a barrier in and see how they act while separated.
Just have a backup plan just in case.

What size is your tank? Anything 90g or above you should be ok. It's hard to gauge individual temperament with these types of fish. My feeling is the only way to find out is put them together and watch closely for excessive aggression.

I ended up passing on the amph and decided to buy a school of filament barbs instead. It's been a few weeks and so far it's been good.

Back
Top Bottom