Need to find other cichlids to go with my current ones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariah

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought 4 yellow labs on the 7th of this month and he said that the dark one (almost orange) was for sure a male. Since I got them there is another lab that now has black on its bottom fin. Out of the 4 labs I think only 1 maybe 2 are females. The next day, I went out and got 2 cobalt blue zebras and one red blotch zebra. They all have dots on their bottom tail so I assume they are all males. I want to know what else can go in with them and not be to big. my tank is a 55 gallon tank and I have a aqua clear 70 and a fluval c4, plud one to the left which is a filter but I just use it for current.

You need to get a power head and get more zebras mbuna like to live in harem colonies.

In a 55 I would only d 3-4 different ones and have more of them. They stand out better that way IMO. I'd get more of the ones you have and be done with it

In a 55 I would only d 3-4 different ones and have more of them. They stand out better that way IMO. I'd get more of the ones you have and be done with it
I want to go get in a few mins a strawberry peacock cichlid... I heard that if you just keep a male he wont have good color?? Should I then get more red brotch and coblat?? I though to many big ones isnt good. Should I get 2-3 more yellow labs also???

I want to go get in a few mins a strawberry peacock cichlid... I heard that if you just keep a male he wont have good color?? Should I then get more red brotch and coblat?? I though to many big ones isnt good. Should I get 2-3 more yellow labs also???

That all sounds good but I'd leave the peacock out

That all sounds good but I'd leave the peacock out

Okay i am going to head out 30 mins out of town and get 3 electric yellow labs for half the price.... can kenyyi or damo.... something go in there? That is basically my last options

Okay i am going to head out 30 mins out of town and get 3 electric yellow labs for half the price.... can kenyyi or damo.... something go in there? That is basically my last options

They do have a 14 day thing that i can bring them back

If by damo you mean demansoni absoulourly not they require schools of at least 15. Kenyis need a ration of say 1m:3f and get quite aggressive.

If by damo you mean demansoni absoulourly not they require schools of at least 15. Kenyis need a ration of say 1m:3f and get quite aggressive.

Okay then i won't get either...

Is there any kind that i can get that is usually in an assorted tank?

Peacocks are slightly larger then mbuna generally speaking and inhabit open water. If you want peacocks get a bigger tank and ditch the mbu

You've about named them all. And assorted tanks vary depending on store. You could get away with red zebras but again your pushing the size

Okay..... hmmm.... i wish i could like say what they have there....

You've about named them all. And assorted tanks vary depending on store. You could get away with red zebras but again your pushing the size

Once i am there though i don't have internet. When i went there last time... there were about 4 blue guys with stripes and the you told me the two names of them and he said he raised them because a fish came with them in the mouth... if they can what it is and if it stays small can i get it or aggression problems May happen??

Once i am there though i don't have internet. When i went there last time... there were about 4 blue guys with stripes and the you told me the two names of them and he said he raised them because a fish came with them in the mouth... if they can what it is and if it stays small can i get it or aggression problems May happen??

Some small ones can pack a big punch. You could always get them and then ask and return them if needed.

I called out of town.... they have two yellow lab cichlids and they have some in the same tank that are yellow with spots? She said like meleonia or something

Back
Top Bottom