Neolamprologus Multifasciatus fry update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well its been about a month since i discovered 3 fry and that is now down to 1 but the 1 is doing good and coming out of the mothers shell for food. Man i thought he would be bigger by now. Here is a quick video of the little guy grabbing crushed flakes.

has to be from another batch, he would have grown more in a month.

You know you may be right. I never thought of that. One of the younger females decided to eat 2 of them and after that i did not see any for a while. Unfortunately the male killed the younger female. The mother and father are always in and out of the females shell.

Just another update. He/she is now hanging out with the rest swimming around.

Their spawns get much better with time, mine were the same way at first, now, their spawns number anywhere from 5-25, with the last few numbering near the latter of the estimate

Their spawns get much better with time, mine were the same way at first, now, their spawns number anywhere from 5-25, with the last few numbering near the latter of the estimate

Thanks for the info. This was this pairs 1st and I think there were 3 or 4 but a younger female saw them as lunch and the male killed her after she ate one. I hope this one makes it.

Which temperature did you find was the best for breeding your multis? Did you feed them anything special? I just converted my planted tank into a cichlid tank and am not sure of some essentials to get their mood going. ;) congrats on your little guy. He's cute! Hope you get a bunch more soon!

Well I have another batch LOL this time i count 7 and still have the 1 from before.
Not the best video but here it is

Another update video. In the front you can see 2 of the most recent fry and if you watch in the back you can see the larger fry come out of the shell from the previous batch.

Congratulations :D I did see the larger fry briefly. He must feel more secure staying close to his shell. The parents are gorgeous little fish. Are they the only two adults in the tank?

Congratulations :D I did see the larger fry briefly. He must feel more secure staying close to his shell. The parents are gorgeous little fish. Are they the only two adults in the tank?

Thanks! There are 2 more a smaller female and another larger Male that has been shunned from the colony and stays on the left with his own shells. Not sure why they wont acept him because he came with the other 2 when i got them from the lfs and the father is about 6 years old and came from my son in law.

Thanks! There are 2 more a smaller female and another larger Male that has been shunned from the colony and stays on the left with his own shells. Not sure why they wont acept him because he came with the other 2 when i got them from the lfs and the father is about 6 years old and came from my son in law.

I suppose the breeding female decided the older male was more appealing. Lol
Perhaps the other two will eventually pair up but that will be up to the female. He will have to show her he's made of the right stuff ;)

Back
Top Bottom