neolamprologus multifasciatus Shell Dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Multis are harem breeders. And they need little territories. I would recommend just having one male in the tank to lower the aggression. I would only keep a small colony of 6-7 multis in a 10 gallon. I'm currently setting up a multi tank (same size as yours)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 8 in a divided 20 gallon with a 5:3 male to female ratio. 2 males are out casts, the other 3 are each paired with a female. I started with 1 male, 3 females. They're not always harem breeders, depends on the individual males, and the females available

Thanks for the advice, I like that tank. I was going to put a few fake plants in the tank fo aesthetic value, is that advisable?

Thanks for the advice, I like that tank. I was going to put a few fake plants in the tank fo aesthetic value, is that advisable?

You can try but these guys move more sand for their size than any other fish I have ever kept.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have some jungle Val and anubias in my tank, but mine is divided by a lot of holey rock

Back
Top Bottom