New 29g build questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big-j

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey I have a brand new 29g not setting it up till fall but I have some questions, I want to Breed kribensis and I know some but I'd like to hear opinions, ok here goes:
Do they like sand as a substrate?
Do they like planted tanks?
Are rocks a good idea?
And finally should I put a school o smaller fish in the 29 with the pair or not?

Most cichlids like sand, so yes there. You should be alright with more fish. Just do something like zebra danios that can out-swim the two. Some cories and a bristlenose pleco could also be added. Kribensis are also good in planted tanks, since they're not likely gonna rip them to shreds definitely do lots of rocks too for hiding spaces.

K I was hesitant to add anything that will eat fry after all this tanks purpose is to be a breeder tank :)

Big-j said:
K I was hesitant to add anything that will eat fry after all this tanks purpose is to be a breeder tank :)

Then ditch the cories... Silly egg eaters! But I've never heard of danios or tetras eating eggs... Now that I think about it... I've never heard of a bristlenose eating them either!

Ight lol I love cories they are some of my favs lol I got five right now in my ten gallon

Back
Top Bottom