New 36gal Stocking Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just set up a tank for my grandma and right now we are brainstorming on what we are stocking it with. We were going to go with semi aggressive but now we were contemplating going aggressive. I personally like convicts so we might get a few of those. How many convicts can i stick in a 36 and what other fish can i get to go along with them? Also do you have a any suggestions for fish i can add? can i add a a puffer with the convicts?

Do you want a pair on cons, or just girls? Either way, I think 2 is about all you can do. If you want both females, then you could probably do a school of other fish too.
No puffers. Most puffers are actually brackish water fish.

i would recomend getting african cichlids like yellow labs , acei, demasoni, kenyi, red zebras, or peacocks. they show alot more color, and you could fit 2-4 in the tank. if you would stack some rock it would make them feel more at home.

acei need over 75 gallons.
the affys you reccomend, most could go in a 36, but only about 12-15. there wouldnt be enough territories and they are very active. in my 40, i have 7 and quite happy with it! they are plenty active and attractive enough and dont fight (anymore).
what about a pair of americans like firemouths, the convicts, blood parrots or an angel tank? xx

I dont think I have access to Calvus in my area.

Would 2 female convicts and like 5-6 tiger barbs be ok?

Or convicts with firemouths?

If i got just female convicts how may could i have?

The_Desacrator said:
I dont think I have access to Calvus in my area.

Would 2 female convicts and like 5-6 tiger barbs be ok?

Or convicts with firemouths?

If i got just female convicts how may could i have?

I think you could do the two female convicts and six tiger barbs without a problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom