New 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had one in my old 75 and didn't have any issues, mine always seemed pretty chill

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good to know! Do you have an lfs that stocks these fish you speak of or do you order online?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good to know! Do you have an lfs that stocks these fish you speak of or do you order online?

I find most of mine in stores or in clubs to be honest. The dacrya are coming from a local club. The metae I would consider ordering from Rapps if I go that route. Thinking I want this tank to use the guianacara dacrya as the centerpiece with apistogramma barlowi as the accent species

Do you belong to PVAS? I just rejoined after being out of the hobby for a bunch of years. CCA is a great groups of folks as well.

So the back of the tank hangs off the stand by a half inch. Not ideal, but will this be ok? This deal looked so much better on paper, not as happy now that I got it home....my bad for being impatient

So the back of the tank hangs off the stand by a half inch. Not ideal, but will this be ok? This deal looked so much better on paper, not as happy now that I got it home....my bad for being impatient

That would worry me. I know the aga and marineland stands only support the complete sides and 4" of the center front and back. The rest of the tank is floating on their stands. I always buy the aqueon stand because it supports the whole tank.

Get a sheet of 3/4" ply from hd to put under the whole base.. get some black edge banding and a razor knife.. all you'll need is your iron and a beer!

I talked to Jesse and he wasn't worried, this has been used as the stand in the past, so I'm sure it'll be fine

Switched this tank to a true stand, and my dragon's 75 to this stand, problem solved!

Yahh.. water is heavy;)
Ps- speaking of reps, anyone hear from tcc lately??

So stock is looking like this:

6-8 guianacara dacrya (F2, no big deal though in that)
2 apistogramma barlowi/kelleri
20 Cardinal tetra
*possibly* 2 aequidens metae

And then I want some catfish other than Cory. Either a couple porthole cats, hoplo cats, or looking into something rarer like wood cats

So stock is looking like this:

6-8 guianacara dacrya (F2, no big deal though in that)
2 apistogramma barlowi/kelleri
20 Cardinal tetra
*possibly* 2 aequidens metae

And then I want some catfish other than Cory. Either a couple porthole cats, hoplo cats, or looking into something rarer like wood cats

Whichever species of apisto you go with try to get the red form, they look way nicer than the standards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whichever species of apisto you go with try to get the red form, they look way nicer than the standards.

Someone locally had barlowi red I believe

I know he has both species listed, but I'm not positive actually if either are red

What about macs? They get a little bigger too if I'm not mistaken?the red shoulder variety is pretty sweet.

What about macs? They get a little bigger too if I'm not mistaken?the red shoulder variety is pretty sweet.

They've really boomed in popularity recently. I like the weird behavior of the two mouthbrooders, and they're not very common

Kyle is like me, he doesn't want the same as everyone else has. Although I still think you should have gone with smaller CA or the L90 ;)

Be happy I'm back to the Americas lol

I also don't care about color, I like behavior more, I'm one of those weird peopkr

Ok stock is now up to:
8 guianacara cf dacrya
2 apistogramma cacatuoides (adult pair, female in spawning dress, WC, I wanna say that he said "Rio Copro" but that deosnt seem to be right, not sure on the collection point unfortunately, I'l have to email him back)
1 apistogramma kelleri (young male), to be notified when he has females back in stock, although he was telling me that these guys are nasty little buggers lol

Ok stock is now up to:
8 guianacara cf dacrya
2 apistogramma cacatuoides (adult pair, female in spawning dress, WC, I wanna say that he said "Rio Copro" but that deosnt seem to be right, not sure on the collection point unfortunately, I'l have to email him back)
1 apistogramma kelleri (young male), to be notified when he has females back in stock, although he was telling me that these guys are nasty little buggers lol

My barlowi were kind of nasty too, but you know how to decorate accordingly so I think they'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom