New 75g stock/build thread. Need advice please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey any updates on stock, and tank?

The rock work in the pics is visually pleasing.

Hey Autumn, sorry for the really late response and thanks for the compliment!

My final stock list is:

1. Blue Neon
2. Lemon Jake
3. Bi Color
4. Ruby Red
5. Maylandi
6. Otopharynx Tetrastigma
7. Jalo Reef Hap
8. Deep Water Hap
9. Ngara Flametail
10. Firefish
11. Red Empress
12. Benga Sunshine
13. Taiwan Reef
14. Eureka Red Jake
15. Regal Blue
16. Cape Maclear
17. Z Rock
18. OB Hybrid

4x Synodontis Petricola
1x Bristenose Pleco

I have no aggression uses and everyone is doing well. Hopefully things stay peaceful haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey do you have another updated pic with the finished product? I was going to recommend lace rock for your tank because its a ph buffer and also stacks nicely creating hiding spots and just a really cool visual.

Hey Tyler, thanks for the recommendation! Everything pretty much stayed the same. I figured I'd add fish first and see how they did before adding more rocks that I may have not needed. Gladly I didn't need to make more hiding spots than what was already available. Instead, I added a few Java Ferns and some Hornwort from one of my planted tanks. Partially for looks, and also to help keep algae at bay. I also moved a piece of driftwood when I moved my BN pleco.

Here's what the tank looks like now. I plan to do a rescape soon.

Attachments

• 1407623905962.jpg
    1407623905962.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 84
Didn't know if you still weren't happy with your rock work... Have you though about building some caves out of flat slate rocks? Continues the rock theme with a different look to add contrast. It looks great so far! I found this online to try and show what I'm talking about View attachment 245589

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey Mbratcher, I found that exact same picture when I first started looking for rocks. I was going to go the slate route, but thought it looked too generic and I wanted a more natural look. Although, I have seen a tank with large pieces of what I think was flagstone, and the depth and dimension they created were amazing. Are you also keeping African Cichlids?

The tank looks fantastic. Would you mind giving me an estimate on how much you spent on fish and where did you get them from??

Wow, you speak Cichlid, I only know Angel Fish and German Blue Ram, jk. Not as familiar with that group of fish. The tank is looking good though.

Since you speak Cichlid, I am sure you know what you are doing there, sounds impressive. Thanks for the update!

The tank looks fantastic. Would you mind giving me an estimate on how much you spent on fish and where did you get them from??

Thanks! I take it you're also in the african cichlid hobby? I spent roughly $40-$45 per fish, half from my LFS, when they were on sale, and the other half from Butch at southeast cichlids. My LFS was charging roughly $70-$80 regularly. If you're looking to buy online, I recommed you check him out. Are you looking to start a tank or do you have one running?

Oh yea I'm big into Africans. I love them. I've got a 75 gal with a bunch in it. One day I want to be set up to breed professionally. But I just like to sit back and watch them fly around the tank it's so cool. And it's right beside my bed so ill watch them before I go to sleep too haha

Oh yea I'm big into Africans. I love them. I've got a 75 gal with a bunch in it. One day I want to be set up to breed professionally. But I just like to sit back and watch them fly around the tank it's so cool. And it's right beside my bed so ill watch them before I go to sleep too haha

Awesome! Mind sharing a pic of your setup? Or if you have a thread, I'd love to check it out!

I would love to post a pic but I don't know how to from my phone which is where all my pics are. I've tried before and idk how to do it

I would love to post a pic but I don't know how to from my phone which is where all my pics are. I've tried before and idk how to do it

When posting from your phone, there's 3 vertically stacked boxes in the top right corner. Once you select it, a drop down menu appears and one of the options reads: "Attach picture." Once you select this option, select the pic you want to upload, and then hit the "Attachment" button on the top right corner. Should work.

Attachments

• 1407794588959.jpg
    1407794588959.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 67
I have an iPhone. Does that matter? Cuz I don't see three vertically stacked boxes in the top right corner

Back
Top Bottom