New 90 Gallon Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin71

Aquarium Advice Activist
New Cichlid Tank, Tank cycling as we speak. Used media from my the previous tank which was roseline sharks and malaysian rainbow fish.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 166
jmartin71 said:
Part of my old filter foam. From my aqua clear and I also used some from the fluvial 405.

With filter media you should be almost instantly cycled.I would think no more than a week.
Do you have a water testing kit?

Have you an idea what fish you want yet?

(6) Electric Yellow Cichlids
(6) Electric Blue Cichlids
(6) Red Zebra Cichlids
(5-6) Synodontis Catfish

Any ideas other than this let me know!!

I love the catfish they are active and love the markings!! As for the Africans they are full of color.

Andrew McFadden said:
I wouldn't put those in a 90 gallon the foot print of the tank is not big enough imo

I agree for different reasons.I have read that electric blues can be pretty aggressive.Now I bought 2 electric blues and put them in my 143 with my eye biters and my mbuna.All was fine for about a year and then overnight the electric blues were both slaughtered.I won't mix them with mbuna again!!!!

garfy said:
I agree for different reasons.I have read that electric blues can be pretty aggressive.Now I bought 2 electric blues and put them in my 143 with my eye biters and my mbuna.All was fine for about a year and then overnight the electric blues were both slaughtered.I won't mix them with mbuna again!!!!

Still kinda the same cause I guess that would be the outcome. But I would have thought it would have been the other way around lol

So what would you guys recommended. I was looking at three types. What about doing a Kenyi. All 3 types ar from Lake Malawi.

jmartin71 said:
So what would you guys recommended. I was looking at three types. What about doing a Kenyi. All 3 types ar from Lake Malawi.

Imo they can be very nasty ( aggressive) so I wouldn't do it. But I haven't kept one with labs or zebras. So will see what garfy says

Back
Top Bottom