New Additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked up an Eureka peacock and a new 29g tank for breeding purposes. I can't wait this will be my first attempt at breeding. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395004485.813005.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395004497.351317.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395004515.480233.jpg

Nice I love peacocks. So colorful. Would love to pick up a strawberry peacock or some kind of red fish next! Good luck :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice looking fish! The Eureka peacock however is a 7" fish when mature, and should not be housed in any aquarium smaller than a 55, with a 75 gallon or larger preferred. That 29 is probably adequate for holding fry, but not to house the adult/breeding fish.

The eureka is not the fish I'm breeding couldn't find females locally yet and he was the last one at the lfs, he went into my show tank (75g). And the 29g is just going to be used until the female is holding then the male will be moved out only doing one type at a time and I have another tank to move females into. I will then use the 29g to grow out the fry.

Back
Top Bottom