New african cichlid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

posenergy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just finished setting up my cichlid tank! I think I may need a heater but in Florida usually it's not a problem. Does anybody have any tips? Do my new guys look alright? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402794043.097502.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402794098.087698.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402794110.743456.jpg

That's awesome I hope to be starting one up soon I really love the colors of African Cichlids! Good luck with your tank!

I don't think they will eat them I'm actually wanting to start a Cichlid tank myself but from what I've seen they wouldn't eat stuff like java moss

What?? They're africans they eat all but a couple species. Moss will be messed with big time, they will tear it up and you will spend your time unclogging your filter. If you want plants in an african tank stick with anubias and java ferns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do anubius and java ferns need anything special our can you just plant them into your substrate on key them grow?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

typically they are attached to wood or rock, but you can plant them in substrate as long as you don't bury the rhizome which would slowly kill the plant. If it is for an african tank definitely attach it to the rock work so you aren't constantly replanting as the fish excavate and redecorate to their liking.

typically they are attached to wood or rock, but you can plant them in substrate as long as you don't bury the rhizome which would slowly kill the plant. If it is for an african tank definitely attach it to the rock work so you aren't constantly replanting as the fish excavate and redecorate to their liking.

So there it's no need get co2 or anything?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom