new albino tiger laying at bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orandafan12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just put him in there hes just sitting at the bottom. I acclimated him. I cycled the tank. Whats wrong?

orandafan12 said:
I just put him in there hes just sitting at the bottom. I acclimated him. I cycled the tank. Whats wrong?

What are your parameters?

I would just do a blackout oscars are prone to mope/pout.

It's an oscar. End of story! I have 3 in one of my tanks ! If you didn't know them, you would think they were dying everyday. They swim sideways, play dead, float belly up, one does headstands.
Just keep it dark and wait ;)

Oscars are simply not "normal" ;)

Mogurako said:
What are your parameters?

I would just do a blackout oscars are prone to mope/pout.

Ammo 0 ppm
Nitrites0 ppm
Nitrates 5 ppm

Looks like you've already gotten your answer. But I'll just add my own experience.

My oscar did the same thing when I moved him to his bigger tank. Also every time I do a PWC he goes to the bottom and just sits there. Give him 10 minutes and he's back up and at it.

I think your oscars fine :)

hows it behaving now? better?

my new ones been in there 4 hours now and is as active and happy as my other fish. i had the lgihts off for an hour then added it, feeding my fish so they were distracted. but i bet he/she cant wait for the 60 to come!!

hows about a pic ;)

Yeah hes doing better. I also got a regular tiger now. They are like bffs already

75 gallon. I jave a a 75 filter on it right now but im cycling a 90 gallon filter right now

Back
Top Bottom