New angels from Angels Plus (with review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wishbone

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was a little nervous about ordering fish online but noone had angels that I realy wanted locally so I decided to give it a shot. www.angelsplus.com has a pretty good selection of several varieties. The thing that drew me to them the most was:
Most others only guarantee live delivery, we guarantee satisfaction. Why is it that they don't guarantee you will like the fish they send? You would be upset if someone sent you inferior fish that just happened to live through the shipping process, and the shipper decided they had met their obligation to you. We not only guarantee live delivery, we give you one week after delivery to decide whether the quality is up to your standards.

I've never seen a fish place with that kind of guarantee in mailorder. I have no idea how they are to deal with if you try to take them up on that, but simply offering it is pretty impressive. I placed my order 12:30pm MST on monday. Since it was too late for them to ship out that day they said they would ship them next day on tuesday. The order I placed was 3 koi and 3 D/D zebra lace angels all in smaller sizes. Shipping was $34.00 for next day UPS (am delivery). The person on the phone wasn't the most personable person, but it was an easy process to make the order and pay for the product. I'm not sure if they were just busy or what the deal was, but he didn't realy want to talk to me about what else they had in stock.

The packaged arrived right on time standing on it's end. I love how shippers (ups/fedex/usps) always ignore the special instructions listed on the boxes. I mean they can read right?
IMG_1042.sized.jpg

The box was impressively packaged:
IMG_1043.sized.jpg

It even came with earthworm flake food for free
IMG_1044.sized.jpg

The outside packaging is 2" house insulation! Even though I live in Phoenix, AZ (the weather gets quite hot here) the package was a nice temperature when it arrived (around 75F).
IMG_1045.sized.jpg

inside the second paper bag, was your standard plastic fish bags:
IMG_1046.sized.jpg

In order to insure I wouldn't be void of any warranty I followed their suggestions for acclimation. I setup a bucket and poured the fish in. Immediately following this, I added some ammonia naturalizer to the water so that exposing it to the air would hopefully keep the levels down during acclimation. Next I setup this low-tech drip system to slowly add my QT tank water to the bucket over a couple of hours. After the bucket water was near the top I started adding fish to the QT tank. I have no idea if all this is necessary, but the fish seemed to take it well.
IMG_1048.sized.jpg

They sent me an extra koi angel! I haven't contacted them to see if this was a mistake, but I have to think it was. At $15 a pop I can't think it was on purpose, but it's possible?
IMG_1056.sized.jpg

I love the serial killer look of angels just staring at you.
IMG_1062.sized.jpg

So far the fish look very good and look healthy. Hopefully they will play nicely in my community tank in a couple weeks when they get transfered over. All in all, angels plus provided a TOP NOTCH mail order service for angels. I would definitely recommended them for their incredible packaging, beautiful livestock, and unbeatable guarantee (although unverified, it seems better than most).

I have seen a lot of the household insulation material used as packing, and I think it is great - the fish do not look like they are swimming in filthy water, and I would say these folks really take the time to do it right. It is very cool that you took photos of the unpacking, which can often be somewhat nerve wracking! :?

How about you post a review over in the General Retailers forum?

maybe it is because you ordered from them for the first time

thats what my LFS does, if you have never bought fish from them they will give you a free one so you come back and you recommend their services to others

Sometimes extras will be sent to cover losses. Perhaps that is the intent. Either way, they look great. Congrats on the new fish.

Back
Top Bottom