New aqua scape coming.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked up a bunch of new rocks today got them washed and ready to go. Ran out of time but I will update tomorrow when I get a chance to get it done. I put a couple in my juvenile tank just to make sure they were ok but I did Vinegar test washed them in hot water then soaked them for a few hours so I should be good. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396213051.059324.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396213065.294001.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396213012.894080.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396213012.894080.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 107
Can't wait to see the rocks in your DT. Should look good :)

I have been waiting all winter to scavenge some new rocks, my buddy told me of a spot close to my house. I hit it this morning I can't wait to get them in the tank.

Lucky you, I buy all my rocks. Might have to scavenger for some eventually like you!

I was going to buy but couldn't find any open landscaping places yesterday so I went out today. I'm not exactly sure if it's allowed or not or I would have grabbed more lol. I got them from a town park by a river.

Finished view. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396306261.122272.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396306278.611521.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396306310.339167.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396306357.495798.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good, I'm happy with it. Took a while to make sure it was sturdy but I think it should be good. I sunk the base stones pretty much right to the bottom of the tank.

Looks very nice :) only bad thing is once some of your cichlids get bigger is that they might not be able to fit in the cave holes.

I thought of that after I was done but I will probably change it a few times before I have to worry about it anyways.

Just wondering did those rocks that you found work in your tank. I found some rocks did a vinager test and baked them but even after all that I was told they were no good because if some sharp edges and when I tried to round them the rock just kept breaking.

They didn't seem to have too many sharp edges. When I first rearranged the tank and they were battling for dominance I did notice a few scrapes on a couple of my fish. Since then though they have settled in and doesn't seem to be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom