New background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crawdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody, I just finished some new scaping to the tank, and wanted everyone's opinion. I added a new inside the tank background, and some more rock.

image-3021269008.jpg

image-3075290257.jpg

image-1906158510.jpg

I think that that is a good choice of background seeing as it is not too distracting and goes well with the rest of the tank, however your opinion is the most important so if you like it, and think its fine keep it

Type of material? What are you looking to find out, the type of material of your background?

The back is a rubber like material, and the front is a sprayed on texture, that's the best I can describe it. I got it at my LFS, they use one on their 220 gallon display tank. They have had in their tank for over a year with no problems. The neat thing I found with it is that it's only like 3/8 of an inch thick, so I don't loose any tank space, get a background I like, and I don't have to clean the back glass anymore.

I'll have to look in to that. My tank has the blue plexiglass back on it and it just dosen't look good with plants. It was fine for sw.
Thanks for the info

Hand blown glass, they just add a little color, and my OB zebra has made it his home. The wife wanted them in there. There used to be a lot more glass in there. I managed to get most of it out, but had to compromise and leave those two. Ahhhh, the things we put up with for love......

Crawdaddy said:
Hand blown glass, they just add a little color, and my OB zebra has made it his home. The wife wanted them in there. There used to be a lot more glass in there. I managed to get most of it out, but had to compromise and leave those two. Ahhhh, the things we put up with for love......

Haha I don't put up with that lol but I don't always win either so I know where your coming from. Looks good tho

Andrew McFadden said:
Haha I don't put up with that lol but I don't always win either so I know where your coming from. Looks good tho

Thanks. I was wanting to get some different drift wood, I wanted more branches, but she really likes the piece we have. I just think its to big for a 55.

It does look a little big but I didn't notice till you said something. Maybe it won't look so big if you put bigger rocks on the sides or prop them up to male them look bigger. Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom