New cichlid - fitting in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Partridge27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, I recently bought an electric yellow and put it in my 83 litre tank with 5 other cichlids (2 are smaller then the electric yellow) so he is about in the middle of the size range. I put him in and he was chased everywhere by the other cichlids. He has now got his fins all tucked away and is hiding up at the top corner of the tank. Was just wondering if I could get any help to make him happier. Thanks

Hi guys, I recently bought an electric yellow and put it in my 83 litre tank with 5 other cichlids (2 are smaller then the electric yellow) so he is about in the middle of the size range. I put him in and he was chased everywhere by the other cichlids. He has now got his fins all tucked away and is hiding up at the top corner of the tank. Was just wondering if I could get any help to make him happier. Thanks

Can 6 cichlids be kept in a 22 gallon tank?
Ok I just checked (I don't know squat about cichlids) this site says they are peaceful and shy but territorial (thought all cichlids were) but need more than 22g.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+2855+839&pcatid=839

Back
Top Bottom