new discovery with my kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappieBridget

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have now discovered that one of my kribs is hanging out behind my filter and almost guarding it. The other is busy chasing away the rest of the fish in the tank. I realised I don't have any caves that a krib would really like, would they lay eggs on the back of my filter?
I just made a little cave out of a clear baby bottle. Cut the rim off and used fish tank sealer to cover the bottle with a big flower adn leaf to provide cover, but that needs to dry now and I am going to pick up a terra cotta flower pot this evening.
thanks!

here's my tank
img_695487_0_11defd8b56efc8d2745224a78ff7d827.jpg

That sounds like brooding behavior. They may move the fry (they can carry them in their mouths) to another location at a later time. Angel fish are notorious for spawning on the intake tubes and other items that would seem not as well suited for raising fry. For the next spawn, you may see the kribs choose another location.

you know, these fish are really sending me through a loop! It seems like the male is making the female stay away, acting as if it's a male. Maybe it is male? I have been checking the fins and it seem like the pelvic fins are just a tad short of the anal fin. Itr is smaller than my male, maybe it's still a youngin' male?

Back
Top Bottom