New Discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope! Still won't eat. He just goes & faces the back corner. Strange. I turned the lights in the room off hoping that might help. I'll check to see if the food is still there later.

So should I wait 3 more days & try again?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nope! Still won't eat. He just goes & faces the back corner. Strange. I turned the lights in the room off hoping that might help. I'll check to see if the food is still there later.

So should I wait 3 more days & try again?

Does the temp need to be 90 for the Metro flakes to work? Is that a safe temperature for tetras & Angels or just discus?

I'm not positive about 90 degrees being safe but I've never pushed my discus to that high of a temperature. 86-88 is max temperature for my breeding tanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And hospital tanks. The community discus tanks are 82-84.

K, I can't seem to get them up to 90 anyway. I'm going to leave my 55 gallon cranked up until Thursday. I'm not sure how long I'll have to leave the hospital that high.

It did pick @ some micro pellets, & does seem more active now that I've increased aeration by lowering water level. I added some fresh water today also. I think I may just stay w/ the micro pellets & high temp for now.

Update: BIG, healthy looking brown poop!!! ?

At least hes pickin.thats progress. Good luck

He seems to be eating the micro pellets. Another big poop = some brown, some clear. I'm wondering if I should put him in the 55 gallon with the others.

Update: I put my pigeon blood back in with the others. Seems to be ok. I'm not going to worry anymore...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430620213.714527.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430620244.962915.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430620275.111687.jpg

Just some close ups of my new family in their new digs.

Why is it that the runt, who never eats, poops all the time?

Sorry. Yeah, been busy with school. All good in my discus tank. I'm pretty sure my pigeon blood is stunted, but my brilliant turquoise is getting huge. The 2 dark angels are right there with it. The blue diamond & Marlboro are somewhere in between.

I'll post some pics soon...

Sorry. Yeah, been busy with school. All good in my discus tank. I'm pretty sure my pigeon blood is stunted, but my brilliant turquoise is getting huge. The 2 dark angels are right there with it. The blue diamond & Marlboro are somewhere in between.

I'll post some pics soon...

Thanks!

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439650864.576848.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439650864.576848.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom