New festae!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol. My mom was rushing me because she wanted to get home so i glanced at it and sked them to bag it up. I saw pale colors but i was thinking "ok its stressed out"

For some reason I'm seeing vieja in that, maybe synspillium? Very easily could be wrong, but I'm gonna guess vieja/uropthalmus hybrid

Next time feel free to email pictures to me, they come to my iphone and I'd be happy to help. Pm me for the address.

I know it is tempting to pass up on a fish. But take Hukit up on his offer. You will not regret it. By waiting to get complete info on a specimen before introducing it to your collection you will minimize stress. Don't worry about the fish being sold. There will be more and in the process you are able to evaluate the fish's behavior and health.

Well!! Now im learning!! I dont think i will be buyingfish from them for a while! Its not a red terror and it gave all my fish ich! Ya ik you are goingto say " thats why we quarantine fish" but this just p****** me off.

Well the ich takes advantage of a newly added fish because of the stress. It may not have had ich on it, but there Is ich in every tank, however dormant.

That's a old wives tale regurgitated over the years, it's simply not true.

Last edited:
They don't start showing signs of ich in 3 hours, your original fish had and are now starting to show signs.

Agreed......no way it passed it to them and they are showing signs already. The jags had it when they came in and are only showing signs now. Qt! Qt! Qt!

Don't get discouraged buddy.. We all made mistakes and still do till this day. I killed everything in my sons tank the other day when I added too much prime and didn't bother to do a large water change after. At least it was just guppies but lesson learned. I got lazy and the fish suffered the consequences.

Ya. I cant wait till i get the two oscars and red devil out. Then i will have an extra tank for a QT

Set up a small 10 or 20 for qt. keep the heat up in the qt tank with a sponge filter hooked to an air pump. No need for a huge tank just for qt or hospital purposes. I use salt in my qt tank to help with anything they may have when they come in.

Back
Top Bottom