New fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just popping in to say hello, it's been a while and I've been busy!
Finally have my tang tank up running and stocked!
If anyone wants tangs, sicichlids was awesome both fish and service wise.
I got in 4 F1 black calvus, 5 F1 julidochromis regani kipili, and 4 wild caught eretmodus cyanostictus. Loving them all, pics to come!

Look what the cat dragged in ?
How are the baby multis/shellies doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keep an eye on those eretmodus, they usually have pretty high conspecific aggression. Otherwise, sounds awesome! Jealous!

Thanks Mike!

Hi Fresh!! How ya been? The Shellies are either hecqui or boulengeri but I keep getting mixed opinions. Anyway they're awesome I have the three adults I have left in the new tank (male jumped out while I was on vacation) but I've got around 24 fry from two different spawns that I'm growing out now. Pumped!

Freakgecko...I will keep an eye out, most of the aggression I've seen was between the Julies. The eretmodus have little snips here and there but nothing crazy so far. I friggen love them.

Some pics.
Tank came from craigslist, canister filter from a friend, bf built the stand, spray bar, and had glass cut for the top. Me and my dog found and hauled the rocks. Black Diamond blasting sand.

The blue trim on the dorsal fin is eye catching. Some really nice specimens in there. Well placed hard scape. I cannot believe your dog helped you select the rocks. ?
Same old same old here. Trying out some new plants. I actually have fish in my tank (nano fish). I find cichlid dynamics intimidating. Maybe one day...

From what I've learned with my spathodus, the more rock work the better. I LOVE my goby cichlid, she's awesome. I'm still disappointed her mate died, and every batch of fry they had, she swallowed :/

Just popping in to say hello. Fish are doing well - there's one julie that's been kicked out of the bunch but I've just been keeping an eye on him. Not sure what else to do.
I'll post some more pics soon just have to upload them on the computer.

Taaaangy tangy tang tangssss
I have no real future plans for this tank except: grow fish, maybe breed fish. I might add more shellies once they're bigger too.

Back
Top Bottom