New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice fh dude

Thanks man!!! He's my bub!! My idiot friend thew 25 feeders in and he killed and ate almost everyone. When I got home the water was terrible and he was dying do I picked him out did a water change and now he's great.. come right to me..[emoji2]

I never feed live food to my fh...i prefer feeding pellets or dried shrimps

I never feed live food to my fh...i prefer feeding pellets or dried shrimps

Really??? I feed my Oscar, electric blue and two fire tracks feeders.. he's my first flowerhorn so I'm trying to give him a balanced diet

I put my juvenile fh in a 20 gallon long that had about 200 Honduran Red Point fry that were teeny tiny little things in it... he devastated the whole batch and ate them in one day.

Then he was constipated for a week, and losing color. I used some API general cure and didn't feed him for a few days, and now he's doing better. But it made me question live food.

Of course, I'd never feed him 200 of anything larger than some microscopic fry, LOL, so I don't think a few feeders would harm him once in a while as long as you're also feeding roughage, like spirulina flakes or something like that.

Yeah man I have him in a 20 gallon now.. all those feeders screwed my tank up royally.. so I got him some veggie and meat ciclid pellets he loves.. I'll give him 2 feeders twice a week but no more.. I'm thinking of giving him so worms actually.. he cost me $80 so I'm very into giving him a balanced diet.. my tiger Oscar, electric blue ciclid and bumblebee ciclid are with my two tire tracks.. the devastate anything I Throw in the tank.. haha but it's clean so it's good

Really??? I feed my Oscar, electric blue and two fire tracks feeders.. he's my first flowerhorn so I'm trying to give him a balanced diet
I prefer feeding pellets, blood worms and freeze dried shrimps

I put my juvenile fh in a 20 gallon long that had about 200 Honduran Red Point fry that were teeny tiny little things in it... he devastated the whole batch and ate them in one day.

Then he was constipated for a week, and losing color. I used some API general cure and didn't feed him for a few days, and now he's doing better. But it made me question live food.

Of course, I'd never feed him 200 of anything larger than some microscopic fry, LOL, so I don't think a few feeders would harm him once in a while as long as you're also feeding roughage, like spirulina flakes or something like that.
Well in my opinion i'd rather stay safe and avoid live food

Do you guys have any plecos in with you FH.. I keep them in all my tanks but my little guy is just waiting for him to move from behind the heater. He literally been watching him for the past two bours

The grooming process is still going strong 20170530_085311.jpg20170704_181556.jpg

He looks just like mine only a little bit smaller!! But he's a beautiful fish for sure. I've been feeding him blood worms, ciclid pellets meat and veggie mixed and his colors are getting awesome!!! And his training is coming alone nicely.. comes right up and wants to be Pet..

He is very small indeed and his colours are starting to come along nicely..i feed him a mix of different pellets and dried shrimps

Here is another quick update
c823035fef31d07fae5a6d81670bc7de.jpg

I found this powder to mix in with there food... power pink plus.. I got him some chicken hearts and diced them up and missed the powder in and fed him.. it really seems to be making his colors pop and it's good for Kok growth.. think I paid $10 for it and
Shipping on amazon

Back
Top Bottom