New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d3ss3n

Aquarium Advice Regular
A week now that i got this new fish.:fish2:
what do you guys think20170511_112705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME. finally good to see another Flowerhorn keeper. Not many here sadly. Not as many as Monster Fish Keeper at least but this forum is WAY better organized. Beautiful looking fish. How many inches long is it, not including the tail fin? I finally got myself a FH as well about 2 months ago. Feeding him Beef Heart and Grand Sumo Red mostly. Growing nice and the hump is getting bigger too. Post more pictures of your tank! Like substrate, hiding spots if any, maybe 'toys' or maybe Tank Mates? :)

20170510_111432~2.jpg
This is my FH. Named him Sushi. Water is a little murky because he's just had his Beef Heart, but his water is always crystal clear. I don't get charged for water in my apartments, so I do a 75% water changes every other day. I only have a 40 Gallon Tall right now, but I have a 150 Gallon Canister Filter and a 50 Gallon Power Head. Pristine water.

Yes sadly not many fh keepers here...Wow...your fh is a stunner compared to mine..double row flowerline and nice hump too
.my tank is 30 gallons and i use a power filter plus an air pump running with k1

Feeding only pellets..a mix of xo ocean free, hikari bio gold, hikaro blood red parrot and okiko crystal red20170514_170207_Richtone(HDR).jpg

They say a varied diet is the best. Any tank mates for now?
Mine killed about 4 mbuna cichlids. When they were being butt heads I would put them in the flowerhorn tank and they'd calm down quick. But then the FH would get them. So no more using that as a time out tank. I have a common pleco that's about an inch longer than my FH but he still bugs him. Hopefully he'll get used to him and leave him be.

Yes a varied diet is best to promote health and also for the fh to live longer. Mine got a tank mate but divided...

Yes this one is a different fh...thats the little ones tank mate across the divider

Awesome one. Carefull dont try to feed him with bare hands my friend got his finger chewed. Quiet aggresive it is.

Here's mine!

After years of being "anti hybrid," I finally got over it once I saw the personality of the little fish I just bought last week... my first FH, "Bulldozer."

He's in a 20 gal long right now, but he's getting his own 40 breeder as soon as I get the acaras and tetras that are in there out. He's only about an inch and a half without fins, and getting his hump on!

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_180602.jpg
    IMG_20170518_180602.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 125
After years of being "anti hybrid," I finally got over it once I saw the personality of the little fish I just bought last week... my first FH, "Bulldozer."

He's in a 20 gal long right now, but he's getting his own 40 breeder as soon as I get the acaras and tetras that are in there out. He's only about an inch and a half without fins, and getting his hump on!
Really nice fh dude
Keep up the grooming process

Mine is around 2 - 3 inches now and he continues to amaze me 20170525_093337.jpg

Back
Top Bottom