New fish, I wanted to show off!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwh0818

Aquarium Advice Addict
Look at him, so far he loves that corner the most. Well my original plan was to do an mbuna tank but my wife and I saw this guy and he won us over really fast. He seems to be a bit shy of the light so I'm letting him get used to it. He roams all over when I turn the light off

ForumRunner_20140223_230250.jpg

ForumRunner_20140223_230311.jpg

OMG he is adorable!!! I love his coloring! He looks like a UT fan!

Haha he sure does! Now he is swimming back and forth and up and down with the light on. Fed him 5 medium size omega one cichlid pellets and he ate em all. Great appetite and very active now

Yay!! Can't wait for pictures where he looks happy! And swimming around!

Here are some!!! I love him!!! He won't be still long enough to get a close up

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140223_231921.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140223_231921.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 448
  • ForumRunner_20140223_231941.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140223_231941.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 409
  • ForumRunner_20140223_232012.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140223_232012.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 430
Awesome!!! Can't wait to watch him grow up! Maybe he will be the gateway to the fish world for your little one! My dad got a puppy 6 months before I was born so I grew up with her and she taught me to love animals. Maybe your little one will love him and fall in live with fish

That is an awesome little albino Oscar I always buy them small like that I love watching the little ones grow! Your tank will look great in a year when he's 12 inches though haha he will definitely fill it in. I like the rock setup to it looks good

Awesome!!! Can't wait to watch him grow up! Maybe he will be the gateway to the fish world for your little one! My dad got a puppy 6 months before I was born so I grew up with her and she taught me to love animals. Maybe your little one will love him and fall in live with fish
That's my goal, my son won't make the mistake most of us made growing up with fish!!!
That is an awesome little albino Oscar I always buy them small like that I love watching the little ones grow! Your tank will look great in a year when he's 12 inches though haha he will definitely fill it in. I like the rock setup to it looks good

Thanks bro!!! I like the fish a lot and the rock setup. He seems to like it too and weaving in and out of them. As he gets bigger ill remove some and make a nice cave for him

That will be great I wish I had some large rocks so my Oscar had a cave he's to big to get into the logs. I have built him a plant setup so he has some type of shelter to bad my Oscar destroys it every 3 days darn things like to move everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be great I wish I had some large rocks so my Oscar had a cave he's to big to get into the logs. I have built him a plant setup so he has some type of shelter to bad my Oscar destroys it every 3 days darn things like to move everything!

Haha goto a rock yard or landscaping company. I got 150lbs of rock (all those in the tank) for $15

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks great j! Congrats fishy pops! I know you're not going to want to hear this but that coloration needs a nice bright light/led!!!

He looks great j! Congrats fishy pops! I know you're not going to want to hear this but that coloration needs a nice bright light/led!!!

Haha yes I want a new light but I want a new filter first and then a light. I'm not sure on what light to get though. I want something that will make his white and orange POP!!!

BTW, what is the best food I can feed him? Right now he will be getting omega one cichlid pellets and fry but what else? I know the pellets should be the main diet. Could I feed him fresh store bought shrimp? Or frozen raw shrimp? Seems more cost effective then ghost shrimp and safer.

Also how much do I feed him? He always looks hungry to me haha he is gonna be a fatty

Back
Top Bottom