new fish please id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidheaven

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally got rid of the fire mouth and the bully aratus lol now I got some assorted cichlids and a peacock wich wasent labeld and I need some ids lol so year they go

ForumRunner_20130202_103314.jpg

ForumRunner_20130202_103426.jpg

ForumRunner_20130202_103447.jpg

I'm sure the OP can do a google search on cichlids but just maybe he/she doesn't know we're to start and giving a generic cichlid link doesn't help.

-Cobalt zebra picture 1
- Keep in mind I'm no Peacock expert but that looks like a Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka", picture 2
- Possible Dragons blood peacock, picture 3

Thanks both of you but I don't think pic 3 is a peacock at all looks like Malawi or mabuna or some sort of ob its pinkesh with a dirty black smerk on his nose lol I wish it was a dragons blood lol

#3: Probable Metriaclima estherae (red zebra); please provide better pictures, especially of its head and mouth.

#1: They appear to be female or juvenile male specimens of some dimorphic zebra species. I don't think these are Metriaclima callainos (cobalt blue zebras). Do their dorsal fins have a tinge of orange?

The red & orange dorsal tinge reinforces my notion that they're not a cobalt's (M. callainos) then.

Thanks both of you but I don't think pic 3 is a peacock at all looks like Malawi or mabuna or some sort of ob

Just as a heads up man, the Aulonocara family
(Peacocks) are from Lake Malawi. After looking at fish 3 on a larger screen I still believe that it's a Peacock Hybrid of some kind, however more pictures will help allot. I believe Kay is also spot on for the ID of the first fish, I knew it was in the Metriaclima family I just wasn't 100% if it was a callainos or a young estherae.

Lol I cofuzed lol idk the nose is to round so are the fins and that black smerk on the nose lol I think its too young to tell but yea let's see what Kay thinks

Back
Top Bottom