new home for my oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 albino oscar r bout 4 inch of size 2 baby severum 1 small pleco in my 20 gallon. Bt as I read bout oscars I feel d need of a big home for dem. So recently I ordered a tank sized 42"x18"x24" almost a 78 gallon tank.is dat ok for dem? I want to add a firemouth & a blood parrot in d big home wen done. Suggestions r welcome and appeciated.

sayan said:
I have 2 albino oscar r bout 4 inch of size 2 baby severum 1 small pleco in my 20 gallon. Bt as I read bout oscars I feel d need of a big home for dem. So recently I ordered a tank sized 42"x18"24" almost a 78 gallon tank.is dat ok for dem? I want to add a firemouth & a blood parrot in d big home wen done. Suggestions r welcome and appeciated.

A 78G tank would be good for the oscars. I don't know if the blood parrot + fire mouth all are compatible with Oscar .

Thanks for ur suggestion.I just ask in my lfs and even check internet for dis compatibility. Bt get d result dat dey r just fine wid each other. addition of dem wid oscars need more bigger tank or a 78 gallon is ok?

sayan said:
Thanks for ur suggestion.I just ask in my lfs and even check internet for dis compatibility. Bt get d result dat dey r just fine wid each other. addition of dem wid oscars need more bigger tank or a 78 gallon is ok?

Lol i cant even understand your posts..

2 oscars In a 125 alone should work. If you have two males, that might go bad though.

Or you could sell 1 Oscar and keep the remaining one with a firemouth and some dithers. Maybe another small cichlid too, if you choose wisely.

I'd forget about the blood parrot altogether with oscars. They are pretty weak and normally don't compete well for food with a food hog like an Oscar.

5x5 said:
2 oscars In a 125 alone should work. If you have two males, that might go bad though.

Or you could sell 1 Oscar and keep the remaining one with a firemouth and some dithers. Maybe another small cichlid too, if you choose wisely.

I'd forget about the blood parrot altogether with oscars. They are pretty weak and normally don't compete well for food with a food hog like an Oscar.

I've got 2 males I think and they've grown up together and I've never had an issue with them

How sure are you they are both male? There's really no easy way to tell that I am aware of. Most people sex them when they breed.

5x5 said:
How sure are you they are both male? There's really no easy way to tell that I am aware of. Most people sex them when they breed.

I've had them over 5 years and have heard the females will lay even without males but Idk if that's true

Have seen BPs with oscars in so many places. Bt if they r weak den I'll not choose bt r they compatiable with severum,convicts and spotted scat?

Severums are a good choice with a blood parrot. Chocolate cichlids and festivums would also be good.

Back
Top Bottom