New Kribensis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got a krib! So excited! I got a girl and she had great color in the store. Of course, she had a boyfriend in the store as well. It has only been a couple of days and she is doing fine, but I wonder how long it normally takes for kribs to regain their color after being netted and moved. If she does not come back all the way as the tank is, I do have room to get her a boy buddy. But, I know that could cause aggression problems down the road, and so far she is getting along with everyone and I like it that way.

So far her color is about 1/3 what it was in the store. I can see yellow and hint of pink, and just wonder how long it might take for more.

I'd give her a few days and what ever she ends up color up to would be her permant colors. She defiantly will be more colorful with a male, but like you said if the my spawn terror will reign on the others

My pelvicachromis taeniatus "Nigerian red" (close to kribensis) just spawned and I have no issues of aggression with them, although it's a 75 gallon and they're smaller than most everyone else

It depends on what you have with your fish when they spawn. If you have light substrate., that may be why she isn't very colorful.

Back
Top Bottom