New sand and loving it!! But... Wheres the poo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well... I changed to 100 pounds of black Tahitian moon sand. I was expecting to see a mess on the sand bed, where's the poo? lol.

I do have a power head facing the sand so maybe it's just not settling and making it to the filters? (AC110 and fx5)

The sand bed is clean!! Not complaining though...

Just liked saying where's the poo? I asked my wife too! "honey where's the poo?" she said she wonders who the child is, me or my son lol.

I still asked where the poo was :)

Im guessing that with the flow you have in your tank its getting sucked up by the filters. This is a good thing.

I've noticed the same thing. Every now and then after feeding, there is some food on the bottom, but come morning it's gone too. This past weekend, when I did filter maintenance, it was a lot dirtier than it had been in the past. Thanks for recommending the power head to me.

Cichlid-dude said:
Im guessing that with the flow you have in your tank its getting sucked up by the filters. This is a good thing.

Haha I'm cool with that :)

Crawdaddy said:
I've noticed the same thing. Every now and then after feeding, there is some food on the bottom, but come morning it's gone too. This past weekend, when I did filter maintenance, it was a lot dirtier than it had been in the past. Thanks for recommending the power head to me.

Glad I was able to help!

I know what you mean! I have black and white sand in my frontosa tank and even with 11 good sized fish in it you won't see a single string of poo! Love it!

Back
Top Bottom