New set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are so lively! They flutter their fins at each other I've never seen anything quite like this before. Mind you, I've never had these type of fish before. Lol this morning things look good. No major disruptions in the tank decor and they all seem to have found their own place in the tank. *fingers crossed* they continue to do well :)

GBRs are great, beautiful fish you have there. Be sure to watch your water parameters and keep up with the PWCs (Partial Water Changes) to keep the water suitable for them. They can be hard to keep. I have a pair of EBRs (electric Blue Rams) that are doing really well. I try to change their water about 50% every three days, but this last change has been about 5 days (due for a PWC tonight for sure).

Have fun with those fish, they look great!

h2oskierc said:
GBRs are great, beautiful fish you have there. Be sure to watch your water parameters and keep up with the PWCs (Partial Water Changes) to keep the water suitable for them. They can be hard to keep. I have a pair of EBRs (electric Blue Rams) that are doing really well. I try to change their water about 50% every three days, but this last change has been about 5 days (due for a PWC tonight for sure).

Have fun with those fish, they look great!

Shouldn't do 50% ever no more then 25% u can put your fish in shock. I did it a couple times actually

Shouldn't do 50% ever no more then 25% u can put your fish in shock. I did it a couple times actually

I've done 50% PWCs for as long as I have had an aquarium, and on the advice of people on the forums who breed GBRs have been told 50% PWCs every three days to keep the water quality. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one... :cool:

got-to-love-Chiclids said:

That's not true. I have done up to 75% many times and never had an issue.

As long as the ph and temps are the same it's perfectly fine.

I've been doing around 25% for my pwc's I can easily up it to 50% if that's the recommended. Does it make a difference if I'm running reverse osmosis water in my tanks? Only the good stuff for my babies;-)
Also I have the three rams in there but I'm wondering if I should get a fourth just to make them even there always seems to be a fishy left out :-( or is that good for them to get some down time?

Back
Top Bottom