New setup!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuckerp

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recently switched from gravel to sand and I have to say... It was well worth the 4 hours it took to clean the sand :).

Hopefully I can find another piece of driftwood similar to the piece I already have. I want to anchor them on each end of the tank and have the branches reaching into the centre of the tank. Going for a "cross section of a river" look... If that makes any sense :)

Let me know what you think?

Attachments

• image-2555096958.jpg
    image-2555096958.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 122
Forgot to add these ones too

Attachments

• image-587671014.jpg
    image-587671014.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-711192746.jpg
    image-711192746.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1823882436.jpg
    image-1823882436.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3846766678.jpg
    image-3846766678.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 83
Thanks! I'd like to replace the background but I'm not sure what I should get. I'd love to paint the back but it's too late for that.

Does anyone know of a good website I can buy backgrounds from?

Thanks! I'd like to replace the background but I'm not sure what I should get. I'd love to paint the back but it's too late for that.

Does anyone know of a good website I can buy backgrounds from?

I think it's still possible. I would remove half or 3/4 the water and cover everything with newspaper. That's essentially what I did.

The tank is too close to the wall to paint at this point. Its a 55g and I have no intentions of moving it anytime soon.

The tank is too close to the wall to paint at this point. Its a 55g and I have no intentions of moving it anytime soon.
Cornstar is right, never too late. If your doing 50% pwc's, just go to 70% and it's easily done. I was in your position a few months ago and had no intention. I had two different backgrounds in less than a year and i got sick of them bubbling. When i used backgrounds, i always used Seaview to secure them, imo taping them is not as good as using Seaview. The background looks way better with Seaview.. I thought while i had the tank moved out to replace the background AGAIN, i just thought sod it, and painted it. It is so easy, cheap, quick and imo looks much better. I have black myself but have seen some beautiful dark blue's in the photo section...
I am so glad i did it and it makes everything stand out in the tank.. If your worried, in the future, it can be easily removed from a glass tank with a blade...

Good looking tank!!! I'm working on getting my 55 going now too, I also went with sand instead of gravel in my new tank and like it much better! I just purchased background yesterday from petco, it is black on one side and dark blue on the other and looks very nice when I hold it up. I have not yet attached it to the tank, but sounds like I may need to try the seaview stuff that Ian086 is talking about

Back
Top Bottom