New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S1ay3r

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone. I just restarted my tank from Discus because it requirement is too hard for me to keep up. So i switching to Lake Malawi Mbunas cichlids.

I have a 90 gallons tank 48x18 i have cycle the water for 3 days now. I used 15 gallons of filtered ponds water and the rest in tap water, i also used the same canister cascade 1200 but i have clean it and dried it. If im correct there should be bateria in the pond water.

Today i just test the watrer with the Api MAster KIt and the reading are as follow:
Ph : 8.0-8.2
Ammonia : 0.50- 1.00 ppm
Nitrite : 0 ppm
Nitrate : 0 ppm

What should i do next?
I am thinking of buying 20-25 assortment cichlids of Mbunas :)
thank for reading

S1ay3r said:
hi everyone. I just restarted my tank from Discus because it requirement is too hard for me to keep up. So i switching to Lake Malawi Mbunas cichlids.

I have a 90 gallons tank 48x18 i have cycle the water for 3 days now. I used 15 gallons of filtered ponds water and the rest in tap water, i also used the same canister cascade 1200 but i have clean it and dried it. If im correct there should be bateria in the pond water.

Today i just test the watrer with the Api MAster KIt and the reading are as follow:
Ph : 8.0-8.2
Ammonia : 0.50- 1.00 ppm
Nitrite : 0 ppm
Nitrate : 0 ppm

What should i do next?
I am thinking of buying 20-25 assortment cichlids of Mbunas :)
thank for reading

Water doesn't contain beneficial bacteria
Filter media, filter housings, plants, decorations, etc do

Alright. Do I need to do a water change durin the cycle or just leave it there!?

The information is pretty contradictory, me personally, I just changed the water as I planned when I added the fish, so 20% every 2 days, some people, prefer 50% every 4-6 days... Just keep testing your water, is there any fish in there to produce the ammonia for the bacteria..?x

Back
Top Bottom