New Tank Scape Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathanpopp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to re do this tank this weekend. I'm looking for a more natural look. Right now it looks too childish. I'm open to all ideas. Also I don't want live plants. It's a 47 Gallon Tall. If anyone else has a tank that's tall like mine, I'd really enjoy pictures

Attachments

• image-208243505.jpg
    image-208243505.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 144
I'm looking to re do this tank this weekend. I'm looking for a more natural look. Right now it looks too childish. I'm open to all ideas. Also I don't want live plants. It's a 47 Gallon Tall. If anyone else has a tank that's tall like mine, I'd really enjoy pictures

Here's my 110 tall

Attachments

• image-2902348774.jpg
    image-2902348774.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 183
Without wanting real plants its going to be tough. Think about adding some manzanita driftwood. Since your tank isn't that big, bulky pieces of driftwood won't take up valuable space but narrow manzanita will add a nice accent. I would also move those rocks around instead of just stacking them upon each other.

Any reason you don't want live plants? They make a tank look more natural while also have biological benefits. Amazon swords would look great in there, don't require high light, and spread quickly.

I've tried live plants. They just have never worked out in my tank. They just don't grow. Plus I'm wanting to switch to sand.

Plants grow in sand just fine. I use pool filter sand in mine and have a lush growth of amazon swords. You just need to use root tabs since sand is inert. I also dose with liquid ferts.

Just finished

Attachments

• image-2507738821.jpg
    image-2507738821.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom