New tank setup!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhitch20

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, My last Yellow Lab died last week :(
I have been thinking about what new setup I want to start up and I think I'm going to go with a Tanganyika setup. I really want a few Calvuses because I've always really liked how they look. I've done some research on Tanganyika fish and know that they need a hard water type with a high range pH and I know that Calvuses grow REALLY SLOWLY or from what I've heard. Their aren't any good fish stores around me and I don't have the time to drive a few hours for good fish. I was thinking about getting some fish from here: Home page (Bluegrass Aquatics)

They seem to have a good selection of good healthy fish and I live in central Florida so they would get there fast.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some other species of Tanganyika that go good with Calvuses and if that site is good for getting fish.

Also I was wondering if calvuses and other Tanganyika like live plants. I don't know if the hard water and high range pH will have any effect on plants If I ever tried to put some in there.

Check out the feedback forum and see if anyone else has dealt with them before. Sometimes it is a gamble. There are some good shippers and some bad. If there is not any feedback then create a post asking about it.

best fish I have ever kept. hands down. most docile fish and are just overall a great addition, or centerpiece fish(es). Good Choice!

It seems like they are a good reputable dealer. Right now I am trying to decide on what I want to order. I was thinking about either going with some brichardi or maybe some cylindricus.

I was wanting to get about 7 or 8 fish in total, plus the 3 calvuses I am going to get would be good. Do you think if I get all of one species of fish from Bluegrass Aquatics that they would gang up on the three calvuses? I was really wanting a breeding pair and since they are picked at random getting a group of the same species would be my best bet for getting a pair or two. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom