new tank up & running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djhamp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got my new 55gal (2nd tank) going. So far have two 2 spot catfish, 2 firemouths and 3 fish that start with a c (?). I have to go back to the store and get the name because I forgot already. I would like to move two red jewels from my other tank and maybe two new turqoise jewels in with them - think they will be ok togethor? Any other colorful fish that would work?

Attachments

• catfish.jpg
    catfish.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 95
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 102
  • New_1_DSCF0077.jpg
    New_1_DSCF0077.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 90
Got my new 55gal (2nd tank) going. So far have two 2 spot catfish, 2 firemouths and 3 fish that start with a c (?). I have to go back to the store and get the name because I forgot already. I would like to move two red jewels from my other tank and maybe two new turqoise jewels in with them - think they will be ok togethor? Any other colorful fish that would work?
The two spot catfish might kill themselves slowly if they think they don't have enough space.
Also, i'm not sure, but you might be overstocked. For firemouths, you need at least 40 gallons+Catfish need a lot of space(not sure)+3 other fish?+2 jewels that need at least 30 gallons.
You might be overstocked D:

You might already be over stocked... Off the top of my head, just a pair of firemouth cichlids they will need a minimum of 55 gallons.

I would say it depends what your other 3 fish are.Convicts maybe?
Depending on the other 3 fish I don't think your overstocked as long as your filtration is adequate and you stick to 1x 50% water change per week.

I would say it depends what your other 3 fish are.Convicts maybe?
Depending on the other 3 fish I don't think your overstocked as long as your filtration is adequate and you stick to 1x 50% water change per week.
Actually, 2x50%. I just re-thought about it, he's probably overstocked.
If the 3 other fish were convicts, they might kill the other fish if it's overstocked(If they pair). They get extremely territorial.

The 3 are curviceps, which should stay fairly small. The lfs owner said the catfish wont get much bigger. They are very cool fish (catfish), active, exploring everywhere, I have never seen them before.
It sure dosnt seem like I am overstocked - are you saying it will be in a year or two as they get bigger? If thats the case I guess it will be an excuse to get a bigger tank :)

The 3 are curviceps, which should stay fairly small. The lfs owner said the catfish wont get much bigger. They are very cool fish (catfish), active, exploring everywhere, I have never seen them before.
It sure dosnt seem like I am overstocked - are you saying it will be in a year or two as they get bigger? If thats the case I guess it will be an excuse to get a bigger tank :)

Your stocking is just fine.Go for it :D

Those fish in a 4 foot tank is far from overstocked.I don't know how you see it that way....
For cichlids and sharks, when i say overstocked, it's linked to territorial. My only concern would be the sharks:/

Back
Top Bottom