new tank what do u guys think!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tigerosx

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got my new bow tank set up!! Currently housing 3 silver dollars two fire mouths and a green terror..

ForumRunner_20121004_211453.jpg

Looks good...how big is it? I'm trying to work a deal with my nephew to get his 36g bowfront...also you say " just set up" as in filled with water&added fish just after?

This tank was actually bout off of Craigs list great place to look for some cheap prices. May need a little work but it's worth it. The guy listed it as a 55 but there is no way tho, I put in about 60 gallons and there is a sectioned part for a sub which I'm not using at the moment and didn't even fill. I'll save that work for another day

ForumRunner_20121004_214514.jpg

I spent 120 for the tank and stand together. I used my old filter that was running the other 40 gal with these guys when they were a lot smaller along with the new filter so that I can transfer the good bacteria faster and not go thru a complete cycle. I transfered as much of the water as I could from that tank and mixed the rest. Let it run for an hour to clear up and get the right temp.. Water tested it and was good to go. It worked fine all the fish made it been going for about 48 hours now.

So I was thinking if a, we'll be say a 60 gallon tank could withstand another addition or two, maybe a jack dempsy with the two firmouths and 3 silver dollars that already exist??

Back
Top Bottom